Wednesday 31 October 2012

NO FAILURE WITHOUT ''U''



 

 

 NO FAILURE WITHOUT UUUUUUU…..



I HAVE OFTEN PONDERED ON THE WORD ‘’FAILURE’’, PARTLY BECAUSE AT A POINT IN TIME I THOUGHT I HAD FAILED. WHILE AT ANOTHER INSTANCE I BELIEVED FAILURE WAS JUST A STEPPING STONE TO SOMETHING UNIQUE AND OUTSTANDING. ONE DAY, I LOOKED AT THE SKY AND I BEHELD THE BEAUTY OF GOD’S WORK. HE WAS NEVER A FAILURE!  HE CREATED EVERYTHING BEAUTIFULLY, COLOURFULLY AND PERFECTLY. THEN AND THEN I REALISED THAT THERE IS NEVER A FAILURE WITHOUT ‘’U’’. WE ALL ARE THE ARCHITECT OF OUR OWN LIVES.

WHAT IS FAILURE? WHAT IS THE DETERMINANT OF FAILURE? IS FAILURE TO BE DREAD OR SOMETHING TO BE HAPPY ABOUT?


Bernard Shaw one of the famous writers said ‘’my reputation grows with every failure’’. There was a man who failed in business at the age of 21, was defeated in a legislative election at the age of 22, failed again in business at 24, overcame the death of his girlfriend at 26, had a nervous breakdown at 27, lost congressional election at age 34, lost a senatorial race at 45, failed to become vice president at age 49 and was finally elected President of the most powerful Nation in the world. He was nobody other than ABRAHAM LINCOLN. HE HAD A LOT OF SETBACKS BUT NEVER GAVE UP. Thomas Edison, one of the greatest scientist to grace our planet failed on the light bulb and when people asked him to keep quiet, he told them that ‘’he was not discouraged because every wrong attempt was a step forward’’.

I think failure is an illusion created by the mind and people around us to make us give up. I have come to realize that every success story is also a story of a great failure. The only difference is that the successful people never gave up. Thomas Edison was partially deaf and was expelled from school because his teacher considered him STUPID.Today, we remember him for all his discoveries in the science world. 

Thus, I think it is high time we update our dictionary, to remove some words and change the meaning of some words. Failure is one of those words whose meaning should be changed for there is no such thing as failure. It is just an opportunity to improve on one’s endeavor.
Have you failed at certain points in your life? What exactly  are you working towards to achieve in life? Have people mocked you, your family, friends, siblings, husband, wife, leader, children? Do you feel humiliated, down casted, lonely, stupid and dump?  Why don’t you ride with me on the road to success with a success tea-cup filled up with success tea……………………………………..


I am sure that by the Special Grace of God Almighty we would have a great landing at our desired God ordained destination. Putting in mind the word of God that says ‘’ for I know the thoughts that I think towards you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you an expected end/destination’’
Jeremiah 29 : 11.

THIS LEADS US TO THE NEXT QUESTIONS……………..
WHAT IS SUCCESS?  WHAT STEPS CAN I TAKE TO TURN MY FAILURES INTO SUCCESS? (next edition)





1 comment:

  1. I trust this would flourish however you have look at blue ocean strategy and see your product have a distinct market model.

    Affiliate marketing could be an option, you have nothing to loose but much to gain form online marketing at http://www.tripleclicks.com/11951848

    Cheers,
    ROLAND G.

    ReplyDelete